recent treats

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

pina colada sweeties!




Mmm, pina colada's! Who doesn't like pina coladas!? If you don't, well then... I don't know if we can be friends!

Speaking of friends, every year me and my 7 best friends and I take a mini vacation down to Ocean City, Maryland. We've taken this mini vacation since we graduated college, ahem.. 4 years ago and each year I treasure it more and more. I was put in charge of bringing a dessert so and I was trying to think of something good to make but also something that would suit the weekend. I love coconut cupcakes and was going to go in that direction when suddenly pina coladas just popped in my head! I knew I had to do it! I took my basic coconut cake recipe and decided that it needed to be more coconut-y, so I added coconut milk and some rum (um yum!) For the frosting, I had originally wanted to make a fresh pineapple frosting but I couldn't find any good lookin' pineapples so I decided to go with a rum spiked cream cheese frosting which turned out to be better than I ever imagined! The cupcakes were like little tropical treats and since they were pina colada cupcakes, I just had to top them with a cherry and a straw!

cheers! ps- those are my pretty friends!



0 comments:

Post a Comment